- Go to bed early (10pm) and wake up early (6am). Even if you can’t fall asleep, it’s good to relax so your liver can rest and be ready for work the next day.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins.
- Drink less soda and carbonated beverages.
- 20-30 minutes of light exercise every day, especially outdoors.
- Practice relaxation techniques to worry less.
- Get enough sleep with a regular sleep schedule.
- Eat healthy foods, chewing thoroughly to improve your digestion
- Reduce refined sugar in your diet.
- Keep a daily food diary to see if your acne is related to certain food groups (like dairy).
- Practice better hygiene (i.e. washing bangs and hair, cleaning hats).
- Check if shampoos, conditioners, and hair products are irritating skin.
- Eat less processed food, junk food, and fast food.
- Reduce the amount of unhealthy fat in your diet (healthy fats from avocado and fish are okay).
- Eat cooling foods like bitter melon, cucumbers, and gourds.
- Practice better hygiene, especially during the summer and if you wear makeup and/or sweat a lot.